- 6 large firm apples, cored, peeled, and sliced
- 1 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. real maple syrup
- 2 T. 100% apple juice (sugar-free)
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground allspice
- 1½ t. fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ t. salt
- 1 c. old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 c. almond flour
- 1/3 c. almonds, sliced
- 1/3 c. honey, preferably local (vegan alt: maple syrup coconut syrup)
- 3 T. unsalted butter, melted
- Place top oven rack in the center position. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8” x 8” baking dish and set aside.
- Place apples in a large non-reactive bowl and toss with fresh lemon juice. Add maple syrup, apple juice, cinnamon, allspice, thyme leaves, and salt. Toss to combine and set aside.
- 3. Combine topping ingredients in a separate bowl and stir until oats are thoroughly coated and all ingredients are well combined. Set aside.
- Pour apple mixture into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer. Spread the topping evenly across the top in a uniform layer, as well.
- Place into pre-heated oven and bake for 30 minutes. If the top layer is nicely browned, cover dish loosely with aluminum foil to prevent over-browning. Continue baking for another 15-20 minutes or until the apple crisp is nice and bubbling. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm with some vanilla bean iced cream or freshly whipped cream, if desired. Enjoy! xo
Keywords: keto, vegan, dessert, sugar-free, low-sugar, apple pie, apple crisp